Friday, September 23, 2016

What is this place?

Welcome to the blog idea I've had for a long time. Simply put I will make movie recommendations here but not just any films. Movies that are great, in my opinion. Some might be forgotten blockbusters but others you may have never heard of. Rarely will you see everyday names like any of the Marvel super hero movies or Star Wars. I assume you can find those on your own. This is more about exposing you and possibly your kids) to a hidden gem or forgotten favorite.

Here are some rules I will try to follow:

1. All movies will be at least 5 years old. Mostly movie from my younger days.
2. All genres will be recommended but I will skew male. Not many Rom-coms here (Although, One Fine Day... I'm a sucker for Clooney)
3. No direct to video or made for TV movies. The exception is a Netflix or Amazon direct release.
4. Some movies will be family friendly but many not. Pay attention to ratings information.
5. You might not agree with my pics as a great movie. Guess what, that's OK it your right. Most people dislike Kevin Costner's The Postman. I really enjoy that movie. Just keep any commentary civil and kind so I don't have to block anyone or turn off comments or anything.
6.One movie per week will get a release here. I'm shooting for Thursday so you can be set for a movie night or rainy weekend. I am considering more for special events. (Halloween
Special; Holiday movies) but we shall see.

These are a guideline and all rules are meant to be broken, so, I probably will. Enough with the exposition, let get on to the good stuff. Oh and look for a nicer cleaner look around here coming real soon. I just wanted to get something posted already.

No comments:

Post a Comment